1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?:
I love them both, but I get Egg Nogg so rarely that if it's around, I always drink too much.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?:
Santa wraps the presents in our stockings and anything that is left in the living room. Presents in the rest of the house are from the family.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?:
4. Do you hang mistletoe?:
I'd like to, however, I haven't managed to find anything that is actually real and actually not too expensive.
5. When do you put your decorations up?:
Whenever I get around to it? Only put my nativity this year.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?:
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?:
There are so many! I'm not sure if this is a favorite, but definitely one of them: One year my cousin, Corey helped us look for Santa flying around and we saw Rudolph's nose! It was probably an airplane or whatever, but at the time we all thought it was really Santa and his reindeer!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?:
I figured it out when I was pretty little (6-7ish?), but to this day, I've never told that I know. :-P
9.Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?:
When we used to go to NJ, we would open any presents from uncles/aunts/cousins on Christmas Eve and that was when we had our big party. On Christmas day, we would open presents from Grandma and Grandfather and anything that was given throughout the day at various relative's houses. Now, though, we just do Smörgåsbord and church on Christmas Eve and presents are all opened Christmas day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?:
With ornaments? I don't have a tree, though, and I really don't like decorating them. My OCD gets the best of me.
11. Snow, love it or hate it?:
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT
12. Can you ice skate?:
Enough to not fall on my butt. Also, I used to be able to do backward swizzles. Probably not anymore, though. Haven't skated in 4-ish years.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?:
Either my stereo (which I still use) or my Fisher Price kitchen. Both were presents from Santa.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?:
Cookies. And Church.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?:
Mom's cookies. All of them. And Aunt Karin's cookies. All of those, too.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?:
Going to the neighborhood Christmas party around the corner from my parent's house.
17. What tops your tree?:
A star. Or an Angel. Depending on who is in charge. :-P
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?:
Giving, all the way.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?:
What is with all the hard questions? Um, Angels we have heard on high? Yeah.
20. Thoughts on candy canes?:
Yum. BEST CONCEALED WEAPONS EVARRRRRR.
21. Favorite Christmas movie?:
The Night Before Christmas (the one with the mice)
22. What do you leave for Santa?:
Cookies and beer. HAHAHAHAHAHHA. Yeah, Albert totally left Santa a Corona 2 years ago.
23. What is your favorite Christmas gift?:
Um, we did this already. o.O
24. What is your best memory of Christmas?:
Probably when we used to go to everyone's house on Christmas day and eat 5 Christmas dinners. :-D I used to think that Christmas = Indigestion
25. Depending on where you live, do you have a hot or cold Christmas?:
26. Would you prefer to try the opposite weather at least just once?:
No. The holidays wouldn't be the same without snow. (ditto to this!)
27. What do you prefer in a tree? Fake or real?:
Whatever someone wants to put up.
28. What is your favorite Carol?:
What's the difference between this and the other song question?
29. What is your favorite Christmas Dinner?:
Last year was really good. A nice steak with Gorgonzola cheese sauce that was stirred with love.
30. Do you wear a Santa Hat at Christmas?:
Sometimes. Mine has my name on it.
31. Have you ever seen Santa delivering your gifts?:
No, thankfully. That would be a little creepy.