Catherine (tenthz) wrote,

  • Music:

The past two days...

Up early (6:45ish) to get showered and ready to go to the 8am service at church. Didn't end up leaving until 7:45, so we ended up in the balcony. I had a bit of a dizzy spell in the middle of the sermon, and since you are practically sitting on a ledge, that was not fun. I went out and sat on the steps for a while. That helped and I could still hear and I didn't miss doing anything which was good. We sang all the good songs so I was happy. :-D Unfortunately, we used wafers for communion. It got stuck to the roof of my mouth and was there for a good 15 minutes... the wine server on our side was skimping so she wouldn't spill, so that didn't help either. :-P After church, we found our Easter baskets that the Easter bunny hid while we were at church. That is one sneaky Easter bunny... took me a good 10 minutes to find mine... we had to do that inside 'cuz it was raining. Then we got ready to leave for Ken and Sandy's... about 2 and a half hour drive to Mountain Lakes, NJ. Well worth the trip. All the "kids" under 35 "got" to hunt for Easter eggs in the backyard (it was kinda soggy and I did not have the correct shoes on...). We each had to find 12 or we couldn't eat dinner. I was not the oldest. It was quite silly, but fun in the end... Albert ended up standing up on the swing set and point out eggs to the 20-30 year-olds that were being forced into participating... so that made it a bit more interesting. :-P Dinner was very good, as usual... I tried both types of ham and I don't remember which one was which.. but they were very good... I think I liked the pineapple and clove one better. Mom made scalloped potatoes. :-D *yea* And there were yummy green beans with dill... I think I like dill now. It's a miracle! woo! Dessert was amusing, and Albert got sung to, again... in a very off-pitch and scary way... (sorry Jess, it's not you!)... was surprised Albert didn't stick his fingers in his ears.. :-P But I think the chocolate-chocolate bunny cake was memorizing him. :-P There was tons of dessert... and beautiful fresh pineapple that I was inhaling. :-D *yea* Ended up leaving there around 5pm... I finished my book (Gathering Blue, by Lois Lowry) in the car on the way home... I started it when we left. :-) Wonderful book... I can't wait for the third... We stopped at Wendy's on the way home for bathroom and dinner... I wasn't really all that hungry, but I got a kids meal with an Agent Cody Banks toy!!!!!! SO EXCITING! :-P right. Got home around 8. So tired. Got packed up and called Mike and then slept.

This morning I was up around 6:45 again... said good bye to lizzie and showered. Packed up the car and we left for Crossroads (diner place around the corner) at about 7:30. I had the cherry jubilee breakfast pizza and Albert ordered more than he could eat. But it was his ELEVENTH BIRTHDAY so he was allowed. :-P Ate breakfast and drank lots of decent coffee 'til around 8:45 when Albert had to be driven to school (just across the highway). So I left directly from there.... but only after Albert had 5-billion excuses to hug me before I got in the car. :-P I miss everyone already.

So that was my weekend. *yea* I wish I could do fun stuff every weekend without having to pay for it later.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.