1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Applied for Graduation. Road-tripped to Boston to sleep on chinchillama's floor and met tovah623. Went on a 9+ hour road trip with my a cappella group to DC. Went to the circus on MY BIRTHDAY with awesome friends. I was un-diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel after being electrocuted. Moved 1000 miles away from everyone I know. Made new friends from scratch (one part awesome - one part theatre - two parts singing). Drove to a major city with a 3in by 3in map -- didn't get lost. Made my own reservations and stayed in a hotel in a city I'd never been to before all by myself. Auditioned for 2 musicals in 1 week - and wasn't crushed when I only got a part in one of them. :-P Went to 3 different doctors, had blood drawn, x-rays done, and other bodily fluids sampled all at my own accord. Went to a religious seminar.
Thank you livejournal calendar views.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm ALWAYS not doing things that I told myself I would do... why limit it to only once a year?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My cousin and his wife had their third son in January
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one particularly close to me.
5. What countries did you visit?
Minnesota! Wisconsin! oh, wait, those aren't countries. YOU SUCK! :-P
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
I want for nothing. Except, maybe more RAM. :-P
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 19th. I was counting down to it for 5.9 months. :-P (last day at IBM)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Children of Eden.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not having faith in my relationships.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I became un-diagnosed! How odd!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My (piano) keyboard! 88-keys! :-D
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I really can't think of anyone who fits both those criteria.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To the Minnesota gov't. Here's to hoping I get some of it back.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being hired by IBM. What was I thinking? :-P
16. What songs will always remind you of 2004?
Um. None? This is a dumb question.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? about the same.
c) richer or poorer? richer, in MANY ways.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
More road trips!!!!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
ummm... ljing? :-P
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my family, as always.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
I never fell out-of-love.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Joan of Arcadia / Monk
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Prelude to Foundation, Issac Asimov
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Realizing that I really *can* sight read music -- BRING IT ON, BEEOTCH!!
28. What did you want and get?
A co-op with IBM
29. What did you want and not get?
An AWESOME EXPERIANCE at a co-op with IBM.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
uh, dur. All year? It was such a long year. The ones that come to mind are De-Lovely, Ray, and The Incredible.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 21. Went to the circus with my family and some of my closest friends. :-)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
IBM being less of a drag.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
My clothing options have become less varied. I think.
34. What kept you sane?
Talking to Heather -- in person and on LJ. Talking to Mike on the phone. Singing. (This is, of course, assuming that someone could believe that I am sane.)
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ewan McGregor? :-P
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
not touching it.
37. Who did you miss?
During my time in Minnesota... all my "east coast peeps".. and now that I'm back I miss my Minnesota peeps!
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh, I met so many new people in Minnesota, it's hard to pick just one... if I had to narrow it down, it would be between Brenda and Bret.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
It's important to do things if you don't know how they are going to turn out... and if it doesn't work out, don't regret it. Just chalk it off to experience and move on.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
dur... this is stupid...
Let's get it started, let's get it started yeah!
Um, not really.. it's just in my head.