1.What is your favorite Christmas carol/song?
Oh, Lordy - I could never pick just one! That would be hard. I don't think there are many that I don't like.
2.White lights or multicolored?
White. Or the old-fashioned larg colored bulbs (outside only)
3. Do you have a cut tree, live tree or an artificial tree?
This year we have a cut tree! But we've done all of those things. Actually, a few years ago, we cut down a tree that was originally used as a live tree about 20 Christmas before. :-) Pretty neat.
4. Eggnog, mulled cider, or hot chocolate?
YES! I love all three. But I don't like Eggnog with rum in it very much... or atleast not the way my Grandfather does it.
5. Do you decorate your house with lights?
My Dad (and whomever helps) does a few of the ever greens in our front yard. This year, they are so big we only got to do 2.
6. Do you write a Christmas letter?
I have never officially written a Christmas Letter - last year I hand wrote letters in about 40 cards. Never doing that again. This year, I haven't even bought cards yet (that should change soon). Maybe next year I'll do a 2-years-for-the-price-of-one letter. :-P
7. Do you like receiving Christmas letters/photos?
Yes! :-D It is so cool to hear from people (especially non-LJers) and what they are up to.
8. What is your favorite Christmas story/movie?
Twas the Night Before Christmas with the mice. :-)
9. Have you ever made a gingerbread house?
Yup! Although, we never get the icing quite right... and they usually slide all over.
10. Poinsettias or holly?
11. Do you display a nativity scene?
12. Do you bake Christmas cookies?
Yes! Already have, actually!
13. Ham or turkey?
For Christmas: Ham.
14. In what languages can you wish someone a Merry Christmas (without cheating)?
Felize Navidad (Spanish - sp?)
Froliche Weinachten (German - sp?)
God Jul (Swedish)
Joyeaux Noel (French - sp?)
Mele Kalikimaka (Hawai'ian - OMG I forgot this one!)
15. Do you know all the words to Jingle Bells?
16. Do you put presents under the tree?
If there is room! Sometimes if we set the train up and the tree has really low branches... the presents end up under different tables and just around. :-) Both ways is okay with me.
17. How do you eat a candy cane?
I have no clue. Depends on it's state (cracked, etc), but sometimes I try to make a Candy Cane Dagger. :-D
18. What is your biggest holidays pet peeve?
Lol, people who say "holidays" instead of picking one! Wish me a Happy Hanukkah or Happy Kwannza - I don't care!
19. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
Eating! :-D Our Christmas traditions have sort of been smashed to bits this year, so we are starting new traditions and going to be remembering old ones. :-)
20. What was the best present you ever got for Christmas?
I think that has to be a tie between the Fisher Price kitchen set I got when I was 5 or 6 and the Stereo system (which we had at UC 158) I got in High School.
21. What's your favorite holiday TV special?
I like the parades and stuff. Just the one I mentioned above, but I think I only saw that on TV once.